Norway & North Cape – Hurtigruten
Entry requirements (incl. flight arrival)
- All guests must either be recovered from or fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please have one of the following proofs ready:
- Proof of complete vaccination by means of an NHS COVID Pass with QR code (the vaccination course must have been completed at least 14 days before entry).
- Evidence of recovery from Covid-19 through an NHS COVID Pass with QR code (recovery within the last 6 months).
- Please note that you can only enter the country if you have recovered from or have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19! A negative coronavirus test is not sufficient!
Check-in on board
- All guests must be either recovered from or fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (for detailed requirements see „Entry requirements incl. flight arrival“).
- Before arrival you must fill in a self-disclosure form. In this form you declare, among other things, that you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms. This declaration is mandatory for you to be able to start your trip with Hurtigruten.
- All persons must pass through an automatic temperature scanner. The scanner detects people with a body temperature of 37.5 °C or higher. If this is the case, a controlled temperature measurement is carried out. If your body temperature is more than 38 °C, you will unfortunately not be able to take part in the trip.
- When boarding the ship, you must wear a medical mouth/nose covering and use the hand sanitiser at the entrance. It is therefore imperative to take a protective mask with you.
- Covid-19 rapid tests are available on board if required
- All guests must agree to be tested for COVID-19 on board if required
- On board the vessel, a distance of at least 1 metre must be kept from other persons. To enable the required distance to be maintained, there are fewer guests on board Hurtigruten ships than usual. The reduced capacity also has an impact on the excursions offered and the number of seats in the restaurants.
- Medical mouth/nose coverings must be worn in all public areas of the vessel, including outside areas where it is not possible to maintain the recommended distance. You may also be required to wear mouth/nose coverings during excursions.
- Due to the current hygiene regulations, there are more disinfection facilities on the ship. We ask you to use them at regular intervals.
- Fixed meal times are provided in the restaurants, about which you will be informed on board. The chefs will serve the food directly on an individual plate to avoid self-service at the buffets.
- The fitness centre, sauna and jacuzzi (if available) are open with a reduced capacity.
- You will be asked to open an on-board account upon embarkation, in which all purchases on the Cruise Card will be recorded. Hurtigruten is keen to prevent the use of cash and frequent contact with payment terminals.
- You can find further information at https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/coastal-practical-information/health-and-safety/
- Please note that these terms and conditions may change at any time. You will be informed of any changes while on board.
Return journey to the United Kingdom
- Before you travel from Norway to England you must take a COVID-19-test in the three days before you travel to England, as well as book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19-test to be taken after arrival in England. Before you travel to England, you must also complete a passenger locator form. However, as this can change continuously, please note the daily updated information at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-abroad-from-england-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Please be aware that this page is constantly updated and short-notice changes may occur (last update 06.09.2021).