Norway & North Cape – Hurtigruten
Travel regulations Norway
- Participation is only possible for people who are fully vaccinated (with an approved vaccine) or who have recovered from corona disease with appropriate proof. Anyone who can prove this with a valid vaccination or recovery certificate is considered to be fully vaccinated or recovered. Please note that a time limit of 270 days has been set for the recognition of the digital vaccination certificate since the completion of the first vaccination series. You then need a booster vaccination so that the digital vaccination certificate remains valid.
The current regulations for British citizens can change at short notice. The latest regulations can be viewed at www.gov.uk/check-travel-during-coronavirus
- Covid-19 rapid tests are available on board if required.
- All guests must agree to be tested for COVID-19 on board if required.
- We recommend all guests to keep a safe distance from other guests if possible.
- The wearing of a mouth and nose covering is voluntary on board.
- All guests are asked to wash their hands regularly. You must wash or disinfect your hands before every meal. Hand disinfection is available throughout the ship.
- There are contactless scanners that will measure your body temperature in the corridors and at all restaurant entrances.
- Each ship has a trained nurse on board. The nurse and crew on board are responsible for investigating all suspected cases of infection.
- The already strict cleaning protocols were further tightened during the Covid-19 pandemic. The cabins and surfaces in all public areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- There is an air conditioning system on board that provides a constant supply of fresh air – the air is not recycled.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms or suspect that you have been infected during your trip, please go into self-isolation in your cabin immediately and notify reception.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 on board, you will either isolate yourself on board or we will work with local health authorities to transport you to the nearest quarantine facility ashore.
- It is possible to book an excursion on board (11A – Trondheim with Nidaros Cathedral) on the day of your return journey to shorten the waiting time your return flight.
- More information can be found at https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/expedition-practical-information/health-and-safety/
- Please note that these terms and conditions may change at any time. You will be informed of any changes while on board.
Please be aware that this page is constantly updated and short-notice changes may occur (last update 29.04.2022).
Please check the latest regulations at www.gov.uk/check-travel-during-coronavirus. Please note that you are personally responsible for complying with the relevant entry requirements.