Birmingham Airport Limited
Airport code: BHX
By car and motorbike
Birmingham Airport is situated at the heart of the UK Motorway network, located just off Junction 6 of the M42 via the A45.
Our postcode is B26 3QJ if you are travelling to the Airport using a Sat-Nav.
- From the north-west (Stafford, Stoke, Manchester, Liverpool): Take the M6, M6 Toll, M42
- From the north-east (Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds): Take the M1, M42
- From the east (Coventry, Northampton): Take the M6
- From the south-east (Banbury, Oxford, Bicester, London): M40
- From the south-west (Worcester, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol): M5
Specific directions to Birmingham Airport can be found using a dedicated journey planner, including Traveline (https://www.traveline.info/) and the AA Route Planner (www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp).
The Airport has a wide range of on-site car parks, including secure motorbike parking, all within easy distance of the terminal building. Find out more.
Birmingham International Station
Birmingham Airport is directly connected to over 100 towns and cities via Birmingham International Station and the free ‘Air-Rail Link’ system. The Air-Rail Link is free and operates between 05:15 and 02:00 daily.
Rail services operate regularly from Birmingham International to a range of destinations, by a number of operators, including:
– 3 trains per hour (tph) to London Euston
– 2tph to Birmingham New Street
– 1tph to Wolverhampton via Birmingham New Street
– 1tph to Manchester Piccadilly
– 1tph to Bournemouth
– 4tph to Birmingham New Street
– 1tph to London Euston via Northampton
– 1tph to Northampton
– 1tph to Coventry
Arriva Trains Wales
– 1tph to Shrewsbury, of which:
– 1tp2h continues to Aberystwyth and Pwllheli after diving at Machynlleth
– 1tp2h continues to Holyhead via Wrexham General and Chester
Birmingham New Street is 10 minutes on a direct train, with seven services per hour from Birmingham International. A single ticket costs £3.30.
Services to central London operate daily with three trains per hour serving London Euston with Virgin Trains and one train per hour by London Midland. The journey takes approximately 70 minutes with Virgin Trains.
Live journey information for Birmingham International can be found using National Rail Enquiries. Click here.
By bus or coach
There are currently three bus services which access the Airport:
– 900 (connecting Birmingham and Coventry)
– 966 (connecting Erdington and Solihull)
– 777 (Hams Hall, Coleshill Parkway and Birmingham Airport)
Bus passengers can reach the Airport via two stops:
– Directly onsite at the Airport Terminal
– At Birmingham International Interchange via Air-Rail Link
Timetables can be accessed via Network West Midlands (www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/BusTimetable.aspx)
Live Departure Information – http://netwm.mobi
Tickets can be purchased on the bus service, or in advance at the Birmingham Airport Visitor Centre, located in Arrivals.
Long distance coach services are operated by National Express and Megabus, with over 120 daily services to 35 main towns and cities across the UK.
The UK’s largest scheduled coach operator offers frequent direct services to and from destinations, including Birmingham, Oxford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Manchester. Coaches arrive directly outside the Airport terminal and all services use modern, air conditioned vehicles.
Tel: +44 (0)871 781 8181
Megabus is part of the Stagecoach Group, providing budget inter-city coach services across the UK. With fares starting at £1 per journey (plus booking fee), Megabus serve 16 destinations from Birmingham Airport and strive to offer low cost, high quality services. All Megabus services arrive directly outside the Airport terminal.
Tel: +44 (0)871 266 3333
Black cabs operate a 24-hour service from directly outside the arrivals area of the terminal buildings. Each taxi can carry up to five passengers (some can carry six), with luggage and are able to take wheelchairs.
For journeys in Birmingham and Solihull metered zone fares will be displayed during the trip. All black cabs accept major credit cards, provide receipts and are the only cabs licensed to operate from the Airport without prior booking.